GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) â¿¿ Railroad operator Genesee & Wyoming Inc. said Friday its October traffic increased 14.2 percent as it expanded its rail network and boosted shipments of metals and minerals.
The Greenwich, Conn., short-line rail company said it hauled 84,331 carloads in October, up from 73,867 in the same month last year. Excluding traffic from a pair of railways that were acquired in the past year, the company said carloads increased by 2.4 percent due to an increase in salt shipments from the New York/Pennsylvania region and metals shipments in the South.
Overall, shipments increased the most for metals (29 percent), minerals (16 percent) and farm and food products (12 percent). They dropped for vehicles and auto parts (16 percent) and coal and coke (9 percent).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV