3. Helmerich & Payne (HP) is a driller of oil and gas wells for domestic, offshore and international projects. HP will announce fourth-quarter 2011 results Nov. 17.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the company is expected to pay a dividend of 7 cents a share as compared to 6 cents per share in the year ago quarter. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 0.5%.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, net income is seen increasing to $114.25 million, or $1.05 per share, from $82.81 million, or 77 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Sales are seen rising 20% to $672.86 million from $558.96 million in the same quarter prior year. Gross margin is likely to expand to 44.77% from 28% in the year-ago period. Return on assets is seen increasing to 4.49% from 3.71% in the year-ago period, while cash flow per share is also seen increasing by 62% to $1.97.Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 41% recommend a buy and 55% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 23.4% to $66.13 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV