Liberty Media Corp. Interactive Shs Stock Upgraded (LSTZA)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Liberty Media Corp. Interactive Shs (Nasdaq:LSTZA) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LIBERTY MEDIA STARZ GROUP has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LIBERTY MEDIA STARZ GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $3.99 versus $0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.65 versus $3.99).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 27.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $48.00 million to $61.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 22.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LSTZA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 10.18, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 41.90% is the gross profit margin for LIBERTY MEDIA STARZ GROUP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.70% is above that of the industry average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV