SAO PAULO, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the third quarter 2011.
In 3Q11, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.6 billion, a 10.1% growth compared to 3Q10. Costs and expenses, in the amount of R$ 1.3 billion grew 10.4% versus 3Q10. EBIT grew by 1.6%, from R$ 635.6 million in 3Q10 to R$ 646.0 million in 3Q11. EBITDA moved from R$ 776.8 million in 3Q10 to R$ 814.2 million in 3Q11, an increase of 4.8%. EBITDA margin was 31.4% in 3Q11 in comparison to 33.0% in 3Q10.
Gross operating revenue from water supply and sewage collection grew from R$ 1.9 billion in 3Q10 to R$ 2.1 billion in 3Q11, an increase of R$ 138.8 million or 7.2%. The main factors that led to this variation were: the increase of 3.0% in water billed volume and of 4.2% in sewage billed volume and the tariff adjustment of 4.05% as of September 2010.
The main factors that contributed to higher billed volume were: the increase in the number of connections, the intensification of fraud prevention, replacement of water meters in the São Paulo Metropolitan Region and the growth in industry consumption.The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.br Conference call – November 11, 2011 in English 09:00 am (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( email@example.com ) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV