By participating in the exchange offers, HOLDRS investors will authorize the sale of certain securities underlying the tendered HOLDRS and the purchase of certain other securities to conform to a diversified basket of stocks that align with the indices underlying the new Market Vectors ETFs. Each tendered HOLDRS will be exchanged for one share of the new ETF. The transaction is structured to be an equal value exchange, i.e., the value of the shares of the new ETF received by investors participating in the exchange will be expected to have the equivalent value to the tendered HOLDRS (based on the value of the underlying securities as of the close of trading on the date the exchange offers expire). The risks of the transaction to rebalance the portfolio are described in detail in the exchange offer documents.
|Ticker||HOLDRS Trust|| Market Vectors ETF
See links for prospectus filings.
|Market Vectors IndexSee links for index information.|
|HOLDRS/ETFs INCLUDED IN EXCHANGE OFFERS:|
Information relating to the Indicative Rebalanced HOLDRS Securities Value will be available on Van Eck’s website, vaneck.com/holdrs, or by calling, toll free, 800.290.6424 (Banks and Brokers: 212.269.5550).
U.S. Federal Income TaxesGenerally speaking, Van Eck is structuring the exchange offers so that a portion of the exchange of HOLDRS for shares of the ETF is expected to benefit from tax-free exchange treatment for U.S. federal income tax purposes. However, because certain securities underlying the HOLDRS will be sold (and securities will be purchased) in order to conduct portfolio rebalancing and to conform each new Market Vectors ETF as closely as possible to the securities in the underlying index, investors that participate in the exchange offers generally will recognize taxable gains or losses in respect of the securities that are sold. The amount of securities underlying the HOLDRS that will be sold will vary by HOLDRS Trust.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV