FastSigns, a sign and graphic company, will cut its franchise fee in half to $34,500 (total start-up costs typically start at $75,000) for veterans. The company says that as part of Thursday's announced initiative it has committed to hiring 200 veterans within its franchises.
4. The UPS Store
As part of the IFA's initiative, The UPS Store (UPS) is looking to waive its franchise fee of $29,950 for 10 qualified military veterans who are first-time franchisees wishing to open a location between Jan. 1 and June 30.
Other qualified veterans will be extended a $10,000 discount on the franchise fee as well as a 75% discount to the initial application fee. Start-up costs range from $150,000 to $371,000, according to VetFran.
The 1-800-GOT-JUNK chain offers veterans a 50% discount off of every second territory they buy. The cost for one territory is $6,000, meaning if they want to expand they could pay $3,000 for the second. Markets typically have a minimum of eight territories, the company says.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV