United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, United Therapeutics Corporation fell 53 cents (-1.3%) to $42.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 971,088 shares of United Therapeutics Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.32-$43.60 after having opened the day at $42.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.55. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: China Sky One Medical Inc (CSKI), down 15.7%, Medgenics Inc (MDGN), down 15.7%, Vermillion Inc (VRML), down 15.2%, and Pressure BioSciences Inc (PBIO), down 14.3%. United Therapeutics Corporation, a biotechnology company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with chronic and life-threatening diseases in the United States and Internationally. United Therapeutics Corporation has a market cap of $2.52 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.7, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 14.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 32.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates United as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV