Bunge Ltd (BG): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Bunge (BG) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Bunge fell 33 cents (-0.5%) to $61.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 975,308 shares of Bunge exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.85-$62.46 after having opened the day at $62.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.58. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR), down 39%, Primo Water Corporation (PRMW), down 33.2%, Coffee Holding Company Inc (JVA), down 10.8%, and Imperial Sugar Company (IPSU), down 7.7%. Bunge Limited engages in the agriculture and food businesses worldwide. Bunge has a market cap of $9.18 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.6, below the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 9.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Bunge as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Bunge Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV