Beam Inc (BEAM) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Beam Inc rose $1.17 (2.4%) to $49.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 448,253 shares of Beam Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.18-$50.03 after having opened the day at $49.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.71. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Industrie Natuzzi (NTZ), up 12.7%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations Inc (GAI), up 11%, Fabrinet (FN), up 5.4%, and Furniture Brands International Inc (FBN), up 5.3%. Beam Inc. engages in producing and selling premium spirits worldwide. Beam Inc has a market cap of $7.76 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. TheStreet Ratings rates Beam as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Beam Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BEAM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV