Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Public Service Enterprise Group Inc rose 54 cents (1.6%) to $33.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.38-$34 after having opened the day at $33.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.07. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Huaneng Power International Inc (HNP), up 3.8%, Targa Resources (TRGP), up 3.1%, Atlantic Power Corporation (AT), up 3%, and Vectren (VVC), up 2.5%. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, through its subsidiaries, operates in the energy industry primarily in the northeastern and mid Atlantic United States. Public Service Enterprise Group Inc has a market cap of $17.29 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, below the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 13.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Public Service Enterprise Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PEG
Public Service Enterprise Group Becomes #102 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV