Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (CBI): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company (CBI) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Chicago Bridge & Iron Company rose $1.28 (3.5%) to $37.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Chicago Bridge & Iron Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.53-$38.05 after having opened the day at $36.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.53. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Tri-Tech Holding Inc (TRIT), up 8.1%, Integrated Electrical Services Inc (IESC), up 7.5%, KB Home (KBH), up 6.2%, and M/I Homes Inc (MHO), up 5.2%. Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. provides engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services, as well as process technology solutions primarily to energy and natural resource industries. Chicago Bridge & Iron Company has a market cap of $3.72 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Chicago Bridge as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Chicago Bridge Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV