BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Numerologists say today is a lucky day, given the "11/11/11" date. Superstitious investors who have come to believe that traditional fundamental analysis methods are haywire in the seesawing marketplace may want to consider promising stocks with beaten-down prices of under $11.
Small-cap stocks, which typically include those trading for less than $11, are down 5.2% this year, compared with the large-cap bellwether S&P 500's 0.6% decline. But the small-cappers show signs of having bottomed as they are up 9.7% in the past month and 5.4% over 13 weeks, according to Morningstar.
To celebrate the number "11," what follows is a synopsis of 11 stocks trading for under $11 that boast trailing 12-month revenue growth of 50% to 100% or projected earnings per share growth of at least 15%. Many are smaller companies.
If there's a rebound in the economy over the next few months, they stand to benefit even more than they have this year. So count your lucky stars. Or wait till Dec. 12 of next year for "12/12/12," or 12 stocks that trade for less than $12.Vonage Holdings (VG) is a provider of broadband-telephone services based on the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) communications standard. Its shares are trading at $2.73, having risen 20% this year, resulting in a market value of $607 million. Vonage has a three-year average annual return of 42%. Last week, Vonage reported that third-quarter earnings tripled to $24 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV