(NASDAQ:DLGC), a leading provider of communications technologies that power advanced networks, today announced third quarter financial results for the period ending September 30, 2011.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Achieved record gross margin percentage, the highest in the Company’s history.
- Book to bill above one for the quarter and slightly above one for the first three quarters of 2011.
- Strong momentum in NextGen design wins in optimization for mobile backhaul networks with tier 1 international carriers.
- Several QoE (Quality of Experience) video analytics software trials with leading content providers.
- Awarded significant number of contracts for ControlSwitch/SBC solutions by competitive carriers in the CALA (Caribbean and Latin American) region.
“This quarter we achieved record gross margin percentage,” said Nick Jensen, Dialogic’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “We saw good demand for our NextGen products and strong activity in NextGen design wins in the world’s fastest growing mobile network markets, specifically in the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) countries and the MEA (Middle East and Africa) region. In the third quarter, we also experienced a significantly steeper decline in revenue from our legacy products, which became evident very late in the quarter. This was driven primarily by the softness and macroeconomic challenges facing Western Europe and the United States, and offset some of the growth from our NextGen products. We anticipate that revenues for our NextGen products will continue to grow significantly in the fourth quarter and throughout 2012, adjusted for seasonality, as mobile operators continue to expand network capacity to address the demand for data services, based on Dialogic solutions.”
On a GAAP basis, Dialogic achieved the following financial results for the third quarter 2011 as compared to the results of the second quarter of 2011:
- Revenue of $47.4 million, as compared to $55.8 million
- Gross Margin of 60% as compared to 59%
- Operating Expense of $37.3 million, as compared to $38.2 million
- Net Loss attributable to common shareholders of $13.1 million or $0.42 per share, as compared to $11.3 million or $0.36 per share
As reflected below in the reconciliation of the third quarter 2011 Statement of Operations to Adjusted EBITDA, on a non-GAAP basis, Dialogic achieved the following financial results for the third quarter 2011 as compared to the results of the second quarter 2011:
- Revenue of $48.0 million, as compared to $58.7 million
- Gross Margin of 65%, as compared to 62%
- Operating Expenses of $30.3 million, as compared to $33.4 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $1.0 million, as compared to $3.1 million
“In the third quarter, we saw several trends in our business and the overall economic climate,” said Jensen. “First, our NextGen mobile backhaul optimization product is proving to be an essential part of how mobile network operators optimize their network capacity today to accommodate the explosive growth in subscribers and data traffic. We have a solid pipeline and expect significant results from our mobile backhaul optimization products in the fourth quarter and in 2012. Second, as we have stated in previous quarters, the revenue from legacy products will continue to decline and is expected to decline at an accelerated rate for the rest of 2011 and into 2012. In addition, our business will likely continue to be sensitive to the timing of large contracts. During the quarter, approximately $4 million of revenue expected to close in the quarter did not close in time for revenue to be realized for the third quarter, but closed during the first few days of the fourth quarter and has been booked. In the third quarter, we achieved non-GAAP operating expenses of $30.3 million as per previous guidance and now expect that annual run rate of $120 million to further decline over the coming quarters. Furthermore, as our product mix continues to change in future quarters, we see opportunities for further gross margin expansion going forward.”