AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ: AWAY) the worldwide leader in online vacation rentals, today introduced a property manager-specific section on its Community from HomeAway™ site. Originally launched with a focus on vacation rental owners, Community now has a designated area for vacation rental managers interested in sharing information and interacting with others who hold the same desire for enhancing their vacation rental business.
On Community, members of varying experience levels and backgrounds can now engage with one another on topics related to their vacation rental business through open forums and groups. The site will also feature tools to help educate users and facilitate conversation including:
- Blogs from experts in the vacation rental industry including:
- PM Perspectives, authored by HomeAway® employee and 20 year vacation rental industry veteran George Volsky, provides recommendations for property managers to generate greater return for their business and the homeowners they represent.
- POV: A Q&A with Property Managers will feature unique perspectives from various property managers replying to their peers' questions each month and offering insights to their successes.
- How-to articles
- Private Groups in which community members may self-organize based on interest or location
- And coming soon, a Vendor Showroom to browse and compare products from service providers in areas such as software systems for reservations and payments, industry associations, website design and in-home services such as keyless entry or cleaning services.
The introduction of HomeAway's Community for property managers coincides with a Community for travelers, allowing an open forum for those interested in vacation rental stays to learn more about the benefits of vacation homes and seek guidance on trip planning and choosing the right property. The Community will also offer seasoned vacation rental travelers an opportunity to share their stories and advice with others.About HomeAway, Inc. HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ: AWAY), based in Austin, Texas, is the worldwide leader in online vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 625,000 paid vacation rental home listings throughout more than 145 countries. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio includes the leading vacation rental websites HomeAway.com, VRBO.com and VacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.uk in the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com in France; HomeAway.es in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil; and HomeAway.com.au in Australia. In addition, HomeAway operates BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive global site for finding bed-and-breakfast properties, providing travelers with another source for unique lodging alternatives to chain hotels. For more information about HomeAway, please visit www.HomeAway.com. For information contact: Adam Annen Public Relations Manager, HomeAway, Inc. Office- 512-505-1548 email@example.com SOURCE HomeAway, Inc.