Cabot Oil & Gas
Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the development, exploitation and exploration of oil and gas properties located in the U.S. This stock is trading up 7% at $86.06 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $86.25 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $82.51-$86.2552-week Range: $33.13-$86.25 Volume: 1,361,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 2,365,610 Cabot Oil & Gas has a market cap of $8.96 billion and an enterprise value of $9.54 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 62.56 and a forward price-to-earnings of 30.72. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 35.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 109.8%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for COG is pretty low at 3.7%. From a technical standpoint, this stock is triggering a big breakout today now that shares are clearing some past overhead resistance of $81.44 and $84.80. Traders should now look for COG to make a run at $100 in the near-term if this break out can hold above $84.80 and if volume starts to get stronger. So far today, this breakout is coming on lighter-than-average volume. Cabot shows up on a recnet list of 6 S&P 500 Stocks Poised to Outperform the Index.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV