Arrowhead Research (ARWR) is a development-stage company. Arrowhead is a nanomedicine company engaged in development therapeutic products at the interface of biology and nano-engineering to cure disease and improve human health. This stock is trading up 47% to $79 cents in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $1.19 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $0.71-$1.1952-week Range: $0.31-$1.19 Volume: 4,850,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 121,682 Arrowhead Research has a market cap of $58.90 million and an enterprise value of $33.86 million. The stock trades at a price-to-book of 3.61 and a price-to-sales of 41.94. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Arrowhead is a very low 1.3%. This stock is soaring today after the company announced the publication of data from its subsidiary Ablaris Therapeutics's lead drug candidate, Adipotide, demonstrating weight loss and reduction of body mass index in obese monkeys. From a technical standpoint, this stock has given back a lot of its gains from earlier in the day when it touched $1.19 a share, and the volume is huge. (It also shows up on today's list of Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume.) For now, I would avoid this name until it can consolidate some more and find support levels where buyers step in. This move is simply a super spike that's not sustainable in the short term. That said, if the stock can hold above 78 cents, it would be constructive since that's previous resistance level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV