A stock under-$10 name in the chemical manufacturing complex that's worth eyeing here is Pacific Ethanol (PEIX), a marketer and producer of low-carbon renewable fuels in the Western U.S. This stock has traded virtually flat in 2011, with shares up by just 1.15%.
If you take a look at the chart for Pacific Ethanol, you'll notice that this stock plunged from its June high of close to $2.50 a share to a recent low of 25 cents a share. After hitting that low, the stock started to trade sideways and broke out over 36 cents and then run up to its current price of 73 cents. Now the stock is setting up for a major breakout if it can manage to clear some past overhead resistance with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV