A stock under-$10 name in the chemical manufacturing complex that's worth eyeing here is Pacific Ethanol (PEIX), a marketer and producer of low-carbon renewable fuels in the Western U.S. This stock has traded virtually flat in 2011, with shares up by just 1.15%.
If you take a look at the chart for Pacific Ethanol, you'll notice that this stock plunged from its June high of close to $2.50 a share to a recent low of 25 cents a share. After hitting that low, the stock started to trade sideways and broke out over 36 cents and then run up to its current price of 73 cents. Now the stock is setting up for a major breakout if it can manage to clear some past overhead resistance with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV