One consumer non-cyclical stock whose insiders are buying a lot of shares is non-alcoholic beverage company Coca-Cola (KO), one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated beverage stocks. This stock has virtually done nothing in 2011 since shares are up only 1.9%.
Coca-Cola has a market cap of $152.24 billion and an enterprise value of $168.61 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 12.32 and forward price-to-earnings of just 16.11. Coca Cola's estimated growth rate for this year is 9.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 8.6%. This is not a cash-rich company; the total cash position on its balance sheet is $16.5 billion, and its total debt is $29.19 billion.A director just bought 100,000 shares, or $6.7 million worth of stock, at $67.11 per share. From a technical standpoint, this stock is currently trading above its 200-day moving average and below its 50-day moving average, which is neutral trendwise. This stock topped out in September at around $70 to $71 a share, and it has since fallen to its current price of just over $67. The stock also just failed at some past overhead resistance of $69.09 and has dropped back below the 50-day moving average of $68.20. If you're bullish on this stock, I would look to be a buyer near some previous support zones at around $63 a share. I consider it bearish that KO has dropped back below the 50-day and if it takes out the 200-day at $66.17, then look to key off that $63 area. If $63 doesn't hold, then look to $60.50 as the next major support zone. Coca-Cola is one of Warren Buffett's holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV