A key insider has bought a huge amount of stock in drug development collaboration company Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX), whose product pipeline includes two marketed products and three programs in development, including late-stage compounds, in multiple therapeutic areas. Insiders are paying up to own shares here, with the stock up over 12% so far in 2011.
Furiex has a market cap of $159.97 million and an enterprise value of $101.92 million. The company's estimated growth rate for next year is pegged at 58.7%. This is a cash-rich company, with a total cash position on its balance sheet of $55.69 million and total debt of zero.A beneficial owner and director just bought 264,070 shares, or $4.2 million worth of stock, at $15.32 to $16 per share. >>11 Biotech Stocks Loved or Hated by Hedge Funds From a technical standpoint, this stock is currently trading above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. The stock is now approaching a major breakout if it can manage to sustain a move and close above overhead resistance at $16.87 and above Wednesday's high of $17.25 a share. If you're bullish on this stock, I would look to get long once it breaks out and closes above $16.87 to $17.25 on heavy volume. Look for volume that's tracking in close to or above its three-month average action of 60,165 shares. If we see a high-volume move over those levels, then look for this stock to re-test its August high of $19.26.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV