NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We have picked companies from diversified sectors like energy, financials, telecommunications, and materials with high dividend yields of 1% to 7% and potential upside of 8% to 68% over the next 12 months.
These six companies posted strong results in the latest quarter and would maximize returns to investors in the form of dividends and stock value. On average, these stocks have 65% buy rating and 35% hold rating.
We have arranged these stocks in ascending order of dividend yields, lowest to highest.
6. CONSOL Energy (CNX), is a multi-fuel energy producer and energy services provider primarily serving the electric power generation industry in the U.S. operating in two segments - Coal and Gas. It has coal properties in the Northern and the Central Appalachian basin, and oil and gas from properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins. In the last week of October, the company decided to raise its regular annual dividend by 25% or 10 cents per share to 50 cents per share with an immediate effect. This results in a quarterly dividend of 12.5 cents per share, payable on Nov. 25 to shareholders as of record Nov. 11. Currently, the company is trading with a dividend yield of 1%. For the third quarter of 2011, GAAP net income stood at $167 million or 73 cents per diluted share as compared to $75 million or 33 cents per diluted share in the year ago quarter. Sales revenue stood at $1.4 billion for the quarter, the highest ever recorded for the third quarter. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the third quarter increased to $472.5 million from $15.6 million in the year ago quarter. For the fourth quarter of 2011, the company estimates gas production, net to CONSOL, in the range of 36 to 38 Bcf. For full year 2011, net gas production is seen ranging between 150 and 152 Bcf. Estimated coal sales for the fourth quarter is estimated to come in the range of 14.7 to 15.3 million tons while full year coal sales is seen in the range of 62.0 to 62.6 million tons. Of the 29 analysts covering the stock, 83% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 47.2% to $61.70 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV