Q3 2011 Financial Review
Beginning in the fiscal year 2011, the Company reclassified its reporting segments to include: “gaming”, which consists of its gaming machine participation and future casino operations; and “other products,” which consolidates the previously reported segments of “table game products” and “non-gaming products” from the Company’s wholly-owned Dolphin subsidiary. The new manner of segment reporting has been applied retroactively to all periods presented.
Entertainment Gaming Asia’s third quarter of 2011 consolidated revenue was $6.5 million, a decrease of 2% compared to $6.6 million in the third quarter of 2010. This decline was driven by decreased sales of gaming chips and plaques in the Company’s other products division, which typically experiences meaningful quarterly fluctuations in order flow due to the timing of new casino openings and customer reorders. Solid improvement in the Company’s gaming participation operations served to significantly offset this decline.
Revenue from EGMs on participation was $4.4 million in the third quarter of 2011, an increase of 7% compared to $4.1 million in the third quarter of 2010. The increase reflected strong consolidated average WUD driven primarily by targeted marketing to customers and machine mix improvements at the Company’s NagaWorld operations in Cambodia. The Company’s Philippines operations also experienced strong improvement in average WUD due to efforts to strategically manage its machine placements and marketing initiatives focused on the Company’s most promising venues in this market.
|EGM Seats in Operation|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV