NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chesapeake Midstream Partners (NYSE:CHKM) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHKM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.18% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- CHESAPEAKE MIDSTREAM PRTNRS has improved earnings per share by 41.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.1% in earnings ($1.30 versus $1.40).
- In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CHESAPEAKE MIDSTREAM PRTNRS's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHESAPEAKE MIDSTREAM PRTNRS is rather high; currently it is at 69.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 34.40% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $92.51 million or 32.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CHESAPEAKE MIDSTREAM PRTNRS has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.71%.
Latest Headlines about CHKM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV