MORRISVILLE, N.C., Nov. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Alliance One International, Inc. (NYSE: AOI) today announced that J. Pieter Sikkel, President of the Company, has been appointed to the Board of Directors effective November 8, 2011.
Mark W. Kehaya, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are pleased with Pieter's appointment to the Company's Board of Directors. He possesses a wealth of industry and Company knowledge that began in 1983 when he joined Standard Commercial Corporation. From 1991 until 1999, Pieter served as China Country Manager and was instrumental in developing our Chinese business. Thereafter, he served as Asia Regional Director until April 2007, when his responsibilities were further broadened and he became our Executive Vice President heading the global Business Strategy and Relationship Management team. In December 2010, Pieter was appointed President of the Company and has been a driving force in our cost cutting initiatives, efficiency improvements and growth strategy."
In conclusion Mr. Kehaya commented, "Pieter is a strong manager who brings to the Board substantial tobacco experience and industry insight. Combined with his extensive company background, Pieter will help to provide guidance that is essential to driving future strategic decisions that should deliver enhanced shareholder value."
Alliance One International is a leading independent leaf tobacco merchant serving the world's large multinational cigarette manufacturers. For more information on Alliance One, visit the Company's website at www.aointl.com.SOURCE Alliance One International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV