EZCorp Inc. (EZPW): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Winner
EZCorp Inc (EZPW) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.6%. By the end of trading, EZCorp Inc rose 61 cents (2.1%) to $29.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of EZCorp Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 572,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.59-$30 after having opened the day at $29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.42. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS), up 13.7%, Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), up 8.6%, Rush Enterprises Inc (RUSHB), up 2.6%, and Books-A-Million Inc (BAMM), up 2.2%. EZCORP, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides specialty consumer financial services. EZCorp Inc has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.4, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates EZCorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full EZCorp Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV