SAO PAULO, Nov. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the third quarter of 2011.
We present one more quarter of consistent earnings progression, reaching record levels of results, despite a less favorable macroeconomic environment. In 9M11, EBITDA and net earnings grew by 15% and 22%, respectively .
- COMPLETION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW CORPORATE GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE, THROUGH THE LISTING IN BM&FBOVESPA'S NOVO MERCADO SEGMENT IN AUGUST
- ULTRAGAZ ACQUIRES THE LPG DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS OF REPSOL GAS BRASIL, STRENGTHENING ITS POSITION IN THE BULK SEGMENT
"With the consistent planning and execution of our strategy as well as our focus on value creation, we report the twenty-first consecutive quarter of Ultrapar's EBITDA growth, despite a less favorable macroeconomic environment. We have also acquired the LPG business of Repsol Gas Brasil, aiming to strengthen Ultragaz's position in the bulk segment, in which it was a pioneer and has a relevant position. In addition, we completed in August the implementation of Ultrapar's new corporate governance structure, having our shares started trading on the Novo Mercado and our new bylaws become effective. This new structure enables a higher investment and growth capacity, which, together with the financial soundness and the resilient nature of its businesses, shall keep Ultrapar in a privileged position to continue its path of growth and value creation."
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEOResults conference call Brazilian conference call / APIMEC November 11th, 2011 9:30 a.m. (US EST)Tivoli Hotel, Sao Paulo – Mofarrej(Jardins room) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar International conference call November 11th, 2011 12:00 p.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776Participants International: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: email@example.comTelephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 29.50/share (09/30/11)UGP = US$ 15.83/ADR (09/30/11) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV