Updated from 4:47 p.m. ET to include background on hedge fund manager David Einhorn's opinion of the company, latest share price.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) tanked in late trades on Wednesday after the K-Cup king missed Wall Street's revenue expectations by a wide margin with its fiscal fourth-quarter results.
Despite growing the top line by more than 90% on a year-over-year basis, Waterbury, Vt.-based Green Mountain's revenue total of $711.9 million for the quarter was more than 6% below the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for revenue of $760.5 million.
With Green Mountain shares having more than doubled in the past year and a rich forward price-to-earnings multiple of 25.6X, the stock was hit hard in after-hours action, losing more than 31% to $46.06 on volume of more than 6 million, according to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV