Rocky Mountain – North Dakota / Montana
- In various counties in North Dakota and Montana, during the third quarter five gross (0.21 net) non-operated horizontal wells, targeting the Bakken or Three Forks formation, came on-line. An additional two gross (0.05 net) non-operated horizontal wells are either waiting on a drilling rig or being completed. Since January 2010, Abraxas has elected to participate in 19 gross (1.00 net) non-operated wells in the Bakken / Three Forks play.
- In McKenzie County, North Dakota, two gross (0.11 net) non-operated horizontal wells targeting the Mission Canyon have been drilled, completed and production facilities should be completed within the next few weeks. Early production testing of each of these wells yielded flow rates in excess of 1,000 barrels of oil per day.
- In Williams County, North Dakota, one gross (0.02 net) non-operated well targeting the Lodgepole recently came on-line.
- The drilling rig that was purchased in July continues to undergo refurbishment and it is currently anticipated that it will begin drilling on the first multi-well pad site in McKenzie County, North Dakota in the fourth quarter.
Rocky Mountain - Wyoming
- In Niobrara County, Wyoming, the Prairie Falcon 3H was drilled to a total measured depth of 12,120 feet, including a 4,185 foot lateral, and is currently being completed with a 15-stage fracture stimulation. In Campbell County, Wyoming, a horizontal well targeting the Turner formation is planned to be drilled in the fourth quarter of 2011 or first quarter of 2012, subject to timing of rig availability. Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells.
South Texas – Eagle Ford
- At September 30, 2011, Abraxas owned a 41% equity interest in Blue Eagle, a joint venture between Abraxas and Rock Oil Company, LLC.
- In Atascosa County, Texas, the Grass Farms 1H was drilled to a total measured depth of 13,150 feet, including a 5,400 foot lateral. The well was recently completed with an 18-stage fracture stimulation and is currently recovering frac fluid as the oil cut continues to increase. The well is being produced on a restricted choke to avoid formation damage and to minimize gas production. Blue Eagle owns a 100% working interest in this well.
- Blue Eagle anticipates drilling one horizontal well on its recently acquired leasehold (2,487 net acres) in northern McMullen County in the fourth quarter.
- In Nolan County, Texas, the Spires 126 3H was recently drilled to a total measured depth of 9,300 feet, including a 2,000 foot lateral, and completed open hole and un-stimulated. The well recently came on-line and has produced an average of 180 barrels of oil equivalent (80% oil or liquids) during its first 10 days on production. Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in this well.
- In Coke County, Texas, the Sadie A #2 was recently drilled to a total vertical depth of 6,425 feet and is currently being completed. This well targeted the Canyon Sands and Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in this well.
- In Alberta, Canada, the Twining 6-11 and the Twining 6-12 were recently completed and placed on production. A third well, the Twining 15-18, is currently drilling below 7,500 feet towards a total measured depth of 9,800 feet, including a 3,600 foot lateral. Canadian Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells which have targeted the Pekisko formation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.