1. Valhi (VHI - Get Report) is a Texas-based conglomerate that makes everything from security locks and ergonomic work stations to titanium ingots used in industrial manufacturing. It also operates a hazardous waste disposal business. Its shares are up 173% this year, giving it a $7 billion market value.
2. Terra Nitrogen (TNH) produces and distributes nitrogen fertilizer products to agricultural and industrial customers. Its shares have gained 81% this year, giving it a $3.3 billion market value.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts