Midway Gold Corp. (TSX.V and NYSE Amex: MDW) (the “Company”) announces financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) in the Company’s Quarterly 10-Q Report, and with the relevant security regulators in Canada.
- Gold Resource at the Pan Project, White Pine County, Nevada increases to more than 1 million ounces of gold (please refer to our press releases dated October 4, 2011 and November 3, 2011).
- Long gold intercepts at the Spring Valley Project, Pershing County, Nevada (please refer to our press releases dated July 13, 2011 and August 25, 2011).
- Drill results including 33 meters of 2 gram per tonne gold at Gold Rock Project, White Pine County, Nevada (please refer to our press release dated September 14, 2011).
- Development of management and operations team, including promotion of Mr. Richard Moritz to the position of Senior Vice President of Operations (please refer to our press release dated October 25, 2011).
All references to “$” in this release mean the Canadian dollar. The financial information is presented in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.A comparison of our balance sheets at September 30, 2011 and December 31, 2010 is as follows:
September 30, 2011
December 31, 2010
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||13,991,808||$||6,062,816||(1)|
|Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity||$||66,418,956||$||56,398,566|
|(1)||The net increase in cash and cash equivalents is primarily due to the issuance of 7,500,000 common shares at US$1.60 per share upon the close of a “bought deal” on June 6, 2011. Gross proceeds on the purchase were $11,742,000 (US$12,000,000).|
|(2)||The net decrease in liabilities is primarily due to the exercise or forfeiture of 2,650,000 warrants which had an exercise price denominated in U.S. dollars and, accordingly, were fair valued and classified as a liability at December 31, 2010 in the amount of $1,562,544. The expiry date of those warrants was accelerated to March 14, 2011.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV