Midway Gold Corp. (TSX.V and NYSE Amex: MDW) (the “Company”) announces financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) in the Company’s Quarterly 10-Q Report, and with the relevant security regulators in Canada.
- Gold Resource at the Pan Project, White Pine County, Nevada increases to more than 1 million ounces of gold (please refer to our press releases dated October 4, 2011 and November 3, 2011).
- Long gold intercepts at the Spring Valley Project, Pershing County, Nevada (please refer to our press releases dated July 13, 2011 and August 25, 2011).
- Drill results including 33 meters of 2 gram per tonne gold at Gold Rock Project, White Pine County, Nevada (please refer to our press release dated September 14, 2011).
- Development of management and operations team, including promotion of Mr. Richard Moritz to the position of Senior Vice President of Operations (please refer to our press release dated October 25, 2011).
All references to “$” in this release mean the Canadian dollar. The financial information is presented in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.A comparison of our balance sheets at September 30, 2011 and December 31, 2010 is as follows:
|September 30, 2011||December 31, 2010|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||13,991,808||$||6,062,816||(1)|
|Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity||$||66,418,956||$||56,398,566|
|(1)||The net increase in cash and cash equivalents is primarily due to the issuance of 7,500,000 common shares at US$1.60 per share upon the close of a “bought deal” on June 6, 2011. Gross proceeds on the purchase were $11,742,000 (US$12,000,000).|
|(2)||The net decrease in liabilities is primarily due to the exercise or forfeiture of 2,650,000 warrants which had an exercise price denominated in U.S. dollars and, accordingly, were fair valued and classified as a liability at December 31, 2010 in the amount of $1,562,544. The expiry date of those warrants was accelerated to March 14, 2011.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV