TORONTO, Nov. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Tucows Inc. (NYSE AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a stock buyback program to repurchase up to $10 million of Tucows common stock. Tucows has also filed a notice of intention with the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") to make a normal course issuer bid through the facilities of the TSX. Tucows will have the option to repurchase its shares of common stock either through the facilities of the TSX or the NYSE AMEX Stock Exchange.
The notice filed with the TSX provides that Tucows may, during the twelve-month period commencing November 15, 2011 and ending November 14, 2012, repurchase up to 3,840,000 shares of its common stock, which amount represents approximately 10% of the public float of Tucows . For purposes of any repurchases made on the TSX, Tucows may only purchase up to a maximum of 1,000 shares in any daily trading session, which number represents 25% of the average daily trading volume on the TSX over the six month period ending October 31, 2011, unless the block purchase exception is relied upon. As of November 9, 2011 there were 53,477,524 common shares outstanding. All shares purchased by Tucows under the normal course issuer bid will be cancelled.
The timing and exact number of common shares purchased will be at Tucows' discretion and will depend on available cash and market conditions. Tucows may suspend or discontinue the repurchases at any time, including in the event Tucows would be deemed to be making an acquisition of its own shares under Rule 13e-3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Subject to applicable securities laws and stock exchange rules, all purchases will occur through the open market and may be in large block purchases. Tucows does not intend to purchase its shares from its management team or other insiders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV