Although it has been the laggard of the duo, Canada appears to be the most promising option for investors looking for reliable international developed nation exposure at this time.
It has lead in the past, but looking ahead Australia's future strength will depend heavily on whether or not China can continue its breakneck economic growth. With persistent talk of a hard landing coming from economists, analysts, and market commentators, it is clear that there are plenty of lingering questions here.
Canada's economy is not without its challenges, either. On the contrary, as indicated by the nation's surprisingly dismal employment report from last week, the nation's jobs picture remains one to keep a close watch on. Despite these hurdles, however, Canada has remained a noticeably stable performer. As market sentiment continues to swing wildly from headline to headline, the nation's hardiness will likely provide welcomed relief.
Investors who have spent the past few months following the ongoing economic drama unfolding in Europe may understandably hold reservations towards the idea of venturing into foreign markets at this time. Canada and Australia, however, are examples of two international destinations that may be worth keeping an eye on.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV