Ocean World Lines (OWL), a global, single-source NVOCC (non-vessel operating common carrier) and subsidiary of Pacer International, announced today that it will host a Global Trade Symposium in Miami, Jan. 18-20, to discuss the prospects for U.S. import/export trade in 2012. The Symposium also will encourage goals of the National Export Initiative (NEI), a program launched in January of 2010 by President Obama, to double exports by the end of 2014 as a means of boosting sales for American companies and creating new jobs.
The Symposium will feature a variety of presentations and panel discussions by a distinguished group of senior logistics professionals, including ocean carrier executives from Maersk Lines, Cosco, OOCL and Evergreen; large exporters; government officials; journalists; and academics. Topics will include outlooks for specific trade lanes, import/export case studies, technology applications and other issues of concern to importers and exporters of all sizes.
Symposium discussions also will emphasize goals of the National Export Initiative. “Anybody involved with trade should take to heart the NEI and President Obama’s talk about job creation and doubling exports by the end of 2014,” says OWL’s CEO Dan Gardner. “We are passionate about our mission to increase U.S. trade and the Symposium is a direct way to build relationships and give shippers access to the tools they need now to do their job more effectively and improve their bottom line.”
“We believe deeply that exporting can create jobs and stimulate the economy, and we want to make a contribution,” Gardner continues. “A lot of work has been done by the Small Business Administration, Department of Commerce, and Ex-Im Bank, but the government cannot go it alone. Helping to grow international trade is the right thing to do and it offers an exit from the financial crisis, which is why we are organizing this event.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV