Barrick Gold (ABX) is engaged in the production and sale of gold, as well as related activities, such as exploration and mine development. It also produces copper and holds interests in oil and gas properties located in Canada through its oil and gas subsidiary, Barrick Energy. The stock is trading up 0.50% at $52.33 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7,013,000Average Volume: 9,075,160 Volume % Change: 55% From a technical standpoint, this stock is approaching a big breakout if it can manage to trade above some near-term resistance at $53.26 a share. A high-volume move above that level should set this stock up for a run back towards $55 to $56, or possibly even higher. >>4 Macro Investments for 2012 Look for volume on any future breakout that tracks in close to or above its three-month average action of 9.07 million shares. Barrick Gold was also featured recently in "5 Rocket Stocks for Earnings Season." For more ideas, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV