With the ticker "UN," it's appropriate that Unilever's (UN) sales aren't Europe-dominated despite its 126- year European heritage and headquarters based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and London. Since 2008, Unilever's Asian and African sales have grown at an average of 22% to $17.7 billion, the company's largest revenue base.
The consumer goods conglomerate that sells Dove Soap, Lipton Tea and Ben & Jerry's ice cream isn't so vulnerable to a "Dublin Mudslide" in Europe or a "half baked" solution to its debt crisis. Out of $44.2 billion in annual sales, Unilever earns $14.6 billion in the Americas and just $12 billion in Europe, less than 30% of overall sales.
The diversification of Unilever's foods, personal care and home care business as well as its growth in Asia and Africa have bolstered company shares even as markets deteriorated in Europe. Unilever's gained over 5.5% in 2011 even as the S&P 500 and FTSE 100 have fallen this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV