Contango Oil & Gas Company (NYSE Amex:MCF) reported revenues from sales of natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids for the three months ended September 30, 2011 of approximately $44.2 million, compared to $53.1 million for the same period last year. This decrease of $8.9 million was attributable to reduced production from our wells (see table below).
The Company reported net income attributable to common stock for the three months ended September 30, 2011 of approximately $14.9 million, or $0.95 per basic and diluted share. This compares to net income attributable to common stock for the three months ended September 30, 2010 of approximately $18.9 million, or $1.21 per basic share and $1.20 per diluted share, which includes a loss of approximately $0.9 million, or $0.06 per basic share and diluted share, attributable to discontinued operations from the sale of our Conterra Company assets and the distribution of Contango ORE, Inc. stock.
The table below sets forth average prices and daily production data in Mmcfed from our wells for the three months ended September 30, 2010 and September 30, 2011, and average daily production for the month ended October 31, 2011 and as of November 3, 2011:
|Three Months Ended||Month of||As of|
|Production||September 30, 2010||September 30, 2011||October 2011||November 3, 2011|
|Dutch and Mary Rose Wells||76.3||59.5||62.8||66.8|
|Eloise North and South (Dutch #5)||4.2||3.7||2.2||2.4|
|Ship Shoal 263 Well (Nautilus)||16.7||7.6||12.8||-||*|
|Vermilion 170 Well (Swimmy)||-||2.3||16.2||16.5|
|Average sales price ($/Mmcfe)||$||5.94||$||6.54|
* As at November 3, 2011, we were producing approximately 86.0 Mmcfed, without any production from Ship Shoal 263 which was temporarily shut-in due to a leak on a third-party owned and operated pipeline. On November 8, 2011, this well resumed production at 12.3 Mmcfed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV