BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The dramatic spike in Italian bond yields leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Wednesday, Nov. 9.
Wednesday's 5 Biggest Stories
Silvio Berlusconi says he's going to stick around just a little bit longer for the austerity vote. The Italian 10-year bond yield spikes above 7.2%. This is not a coincidence.
Greek Prime Minister
George Papandreou is expected to offer his resignation at 10 a.m. New York time.
Even in Europe,
banks will do whatever they can to avoid
capital rules. Time to read up on "risk-weighted asset optimization."
Quote of the Day"If we do not act, and act together, we could enter a downward spiral of uncertainty, financial instability, and a collapse in global demand. Ultimately we could face a lost decade of low growth and high unemployment," Christine Lagarde, head of the International Monetary Fund, said of the risks to the global economy.
Company NewsInteractive Brokers (IBKR) Chairman and CEO Thomas Peterffy bought 8 million shares of MF Global as the company fell into bankruptcy.
MarketsBill Clinton and Newt Gingrich both admit they were wrong to repeal Glass-Steagall.
Investment StrategyTaking a closer look at the financial sector.
Odds and EndsHow a financial professional lost his house. Occupy Wall Street has their violins ready.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV