ANNAPOLIS, Md., Nov. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- PharmAthene, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PIP) announced today that Linda L. Chang has joined the Company as Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, effective November 7, 2011. Ms. Chang is responsible for Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, and Investor Relations functions at PharmAthene.
"We are fortunate to welcome Linda to our executive team," stated Eric I. Richman, President and Chief Executive Officer of PharmAthene. "Ms. Chang brings over a decade of experience in healthcare corporate finance and has a demonstrated track record of success in completing financial transactions and corporate financial management. We expect to leverage her experience as we continue to position PharmAthene for future growth."
Prior to joining PharmAthene, Ms. Chang spent 11 years at Human Genome Sciences, Inc., most recently as Senior Director of Finance. She was a key member of the team that raised over $1.8 billion in equity, issued and restructured over $600 million in convertible debt, and transacted over $950 million in real estate financing. Ms. Chang also managed as much as $1.6 billion in investment portfolios, negotiated letters of credit, and participated in business development efforts, including the purchase of Principia Corporation.
Prior to Human Genome Sciences, Ms. Chang was an Associate at Booz Allen & Hamilton from 1997 to 2000. Earlier in her career, Ms. Chang worked at Grant Thornton, LLP, and Otsuka America Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Ms. Chang is a Certified Public Accountant. She earned an MBA as well as a Master of Accountancy degree from the University of Georgia and a BS from the University of California, Riverside. About PharmAthene, Inc. PharmAthene was formed to meet the critical needs of the United States and its allies by developing and commercializing medical countermeasures against biological and chemical weapons. PharmAthene's lead product development programs include:
- SparVax™ - a second generation recombinant protective antigen (rPA) anthrax vaccine
- Valortim® - a fully human monoclonal antibody for the prevention and treatment of anthrax infection
- Recombinant BChE- a novel bioscavenger for the prevention and treatment of morbidity and mortality associated with exposure to chemical nerve agents
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV