Niccolo will assume the role of Chief Strategy Officer where he will focus on the company strategy investment. The board of directors and the management team (inaudible) Niccolo for his strong contribution to Actions Semiconductor over the past two years, particularly in building out our product portfolio. We look forward to his continued participation in the growth of the company.
Now, moving on to our financial results for the third quarter, just a reminder, our operations are reported in accordance with US GAAP.
For the third quarter ending September 30, 2011, we recorded revenue of $15.3 million compared to $10.5 million in the second quarter of 2011. Our gross margin for the third quarter was 14.6% compared to 37.9% for the prior quarter. For the third quarter, total stock-based compensation expense was (inaudible) from the original 10% and [15%], compared to expense in the second quarter of $0.7 million.
R&D sales was $5.5 million or 35.5% of revenue for the third quarter compared to $4.6 million in the second quarter. We anticipate our R&D expense to continue to represent a high percentage of the revenue. We increased R&D talent to focus on our diversified product development initiatives. In addition, we are focusing more than half our R&D resource in high-end new product development.G&A expense was $2.4 million in the third quarter, or 13.6% of revenue, compared to $2.2 million in the second quarter. Sales and marketing expense was $0.3 million in the third quarter, or 1.9% of revenue, compared to $0.3 million in the second quarter. We continue to tightly manage expense level in this category and maintain a high (inaudible) in the executive and management level.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV