Hubbell (HUB.B) is a global manufacturer and distributor of electrical and electronic products for commercial and residential construction. You might think that Hubbell is in the wrong business given the depressed nature of the housing and commercial construction in industry in the U.S. but that would be short-sighted. The company has returned robust results during the construction boom and after its bust.
Recently Hubbell reported third-quarter earnings of $1.37, which was better than consensus estimates of $1.28. This resulted in upward full-year EPS consensus revision of 9 cents for the company from seven analysts. For the fourth quarter, analysts expect Hubbell to earn $1.09, which is 3 cents greater than it was a month ago.
To see these stocks in action, check out the 5 High-Quality Companies at Reasonable Valuations.-- Written by Scott Rothbort in Millburn, N.J.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV