Granite City Food & Brewery Ltd. (NASDAQ: GCFB), a Modern American upscale casual restaurant chain, today reported results for the third quarter ended September 27, 2011.
Highlights for the third quarter and year-to-date 2011 were as follows:
- Total restaurant sales increased 3.0% to $22.9 million from $22.3 million in the third quarter of 2010
- Total restaurant sales increased 3.5% to $70.1 million from $67.7 million for the first three quarters of 2010
- Guest counts increased 2.2% compared to the third quarter of 2010
- Restaurant-level Income Before Occupancy (“IBO”) at $5.3 million in the third quarter of 2011 represented an increase of $341,000 over the third quarter of 2010
- Restaurant-level IBO at $16.6 million in the first three quarters of 2011 represented an increase of $730,000 over the first three quarters of 2010
"I am very pleased with the quarter and the progress we have made on a number of strategic initiatives in a very short period of time,” said Robert Doran, Chief Executive Officer or of Granite City. “In the past, we have outlined our plans to grow revenues, increase our efficiency, and utilize our increased G&A in the most effective manner to satisfy our growth objectives. Each of these items are being addressed with the near completion of four store enhancements, the ground breaking at our new Troy store and the recently announced acquisition of the Cadillac Ranch store in the Mall of America coupled with our opportunity to purchase the assets of additional Cadillac Ranch stores. Our team has performed very well by balancing the push forward of our strategic goals while not losing focus of our store operations. Our increase in revenue and profitability over the past quarter and year is impressive. We have a lot to look forward to in 2012 with strong operations and the upside we are creating as we bring many of the initiatives above on line."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV