Western Union Company (WU) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Western Union Company rose 26 cents (1.5%) to $17.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.27-$17.68 after having opened the day at $17.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.38. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: EnerNOC Inc (ENOC), up 22.6%, Essex Rental (ESSX), up 21.9%, China CGame Inc (CCGM), up 20.7%, and Hudson Highland Group Inc (HHGP), up 12.6%. The Western Union Company provides money transfer and payment services worldwide. The company's Consumer-to-Consumer segment offers consumer-to-consumer money transfer services through a network of third-party agents using multi-currency and real-time money transfer processing systems. Western Union Company has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.7, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates The Western Union as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full The Western Union Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV