Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. (PTP): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Platinum Underwriters Holdings (PTP) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Platinum Underwriters Holdings fell 20 cents (-0.6%) to $34.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 311,350 shares of Platinum Underwriters Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 396,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.83-$35.36 after having opened the day at $35.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.15. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group (NSEC), down 8.7%, Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE), down 5.9%, Tower Group Inc (TWGP), down 5.3%, and Global Indemnity (GBLI), down 5%. Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides property and marine, casualty, and finite risk reinsurance products worldwide. Platinum Underwriters Holdings has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 22.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Platinum Underwriters as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Platinum Underwriters Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV