Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MTU) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc fell 3 cents (-0.7%) to $4.32 on light volume. Throughout the day, 723,816 shares of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.26-$4.32 after having opened the day at $4.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.35. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Carrollton Bancorp (CRRB), down 11.9%, First Security Group Inc (FSGI), down 11.1%, Southern Connecticut Bancorp (SSE), down 10%, and FNB United (FNBND), down 9.8%. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides various financial services to individual and corporate customers in Japan and internationally. Its Integrated Retail Banking Business Group comprises commercial banking, trust banking, and securities businesses. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc has a market cap of $59.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.6, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 11.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MTU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV