Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Brazilian Distribution Company fell 67 cents (-1.7%) to $37.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 206,245 shares of Brazilian Distribution Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 674,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.20-$38.13 after having opened the day at $37.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.59. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: QuinStreet Inc (QNST), down 17.1%, BioScrip Inc (BIOS), down 10.1%, Dex One (DEXO), down 9.9%, and LoJack Corporation (LOJN), down 9.4%. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of food products, clothing, home appliances, and other products through its chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, specialized and department stores, convenience stores, and the Internet in Brazil. Brazilian Distribution Company has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.5, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 22.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Brazilian Distribution as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Brazilian Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CBD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV