Aflac Inc (AFL): Today's Featured Financial Winner
Aflac Inc (AFL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Aflac Inc rose 80 cents (1.8%) to $46.43 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Aflac Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.24-$46.54 after having opened the day at $45.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.63. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Ameritrans Capital Corporation (AMTC), up 34.8%, Radian Group Inc (RDN), up 14.5%, Northeast Bancorp (NBN), up 14.4%, and Camco Financial (CAFI), up 13.2%. Aflac Incorporated, through its subsidiary, American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (Aflac), provides supplemental health and life insurance. Aflac Inc has a market cap of $21.2 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.5, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Aflac as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV