Viasystems Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAS), a leading provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical solutions, today announced earnings for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- Net sales were $278.8 million in the quarter ended September 30, 2011, a year-over-year increase of 7.5%, and a sequential increase over the immediately preceding quarter of 3.0%.
- Operating income in the quarter was $21.4 million or 7.7% of net sales.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $40.3 million or 14.5% of net sales, compared with $41.9 million or 16.2% of net sales in the quarter ended September 30, 2010, and compared with $34.3 million or 12.7% of net sales in the immediately preceding quarter ended June 30, 2011.
- GAAP earnings per basic and diluted share were $0.34 for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, on approximately 20 million average shares outstanding.
- Adjusted EPS were $0.50 for the quarter, excluding certain non-cash and special income and expense items. Adjusted EPS for the quarters ended September 30, 2010 and June 30, 2011, were $0.64 and $0.31, respectively.
“I am very pleased with our overall results for the third quarter,” commented David M. Sindelar, Chief Executive Officer. “Not only did we achieve the year-over-year and sequential top line growth that we expected, but more importantly, we were able to offset the significant labor and materials cost inflation we experienced in the first half through our price-increase efforts and, as a result, we realized sequential margin improvement.”
“Our third quarter sales benefitted from the new capacity brought on-line during the prior quarter in our largest automotive products factory in China,” added Sindelar. “Our continuing capacity expansion efforts in that factory remain on pace to allow us to seamlessly transfer production out of one of our smaller automotive products factories before December 31, 2012, the end of the lease period. In addition, in November we began relocating our Juarez, Mexico operations to our newly renovated, larger facility nearby.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV