MHI Hospitality Corporation Reports Financial Results For Third Quarter 2011
MHI Hospitality Corporation (NASDAQ: MDH) (“MHI” or the “Company”), a self-managed and self-administered lodging real estate investment trust (a “REIT”), today reported its consolidated results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011. The Company’s results include the following *:
|Three months ended||Nine months ended|
|September 30, 2011||September 30, 2010||September 30, 2011||September 30, 2010|
|($ in thousands except per share data)|
|Net loss attributable to the Company||(1,117||)||(1,004||)||(2,289||)||(1,529||)|
|Net loss per diluted share attributable to the Company||$||(0.11||)||$||(0.11||)||$||(0.23||)||$||(0.16||)|
|FFO per diluted share and unit||0.07||0.08||0.29||0.37|
|Adjusted FFO per diluted share and unit||0.06||0.08||0.38||0.35|
(*) Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (“EBITDA”), adjusted EBITDA, hotel EBITDA, funds from operations (“FFO”), adjusted FFO, FFO per share and adjusted FFO per share are non-GAAP financial measures. See further discussion of these non-GAAP measures, including definitions related thereto, and reconciliations to net income (loss) later in this press release.
- Common Dividends. The Company announced a reinstatement of its common dividend in July and paid a dividend (distribution) of $0.02 per common share (and unit) on October 11, 2011. On October 17, 2011, the Company declared another quarterly dividend (distribution) of $0.02 per common share (and unit), payable on January 11, 2012 to stockholders (and unitholders) of record as of December 15, 2011.
- RevPAR. Room revenue per available room (“RevPAR”) for the Company’s wholly-owned properties increased 3.0 percent over the third quarter 2010 to $72.88 driven by a 4.0 percent increase in average daily rate (“ADR”). For the first nine months of 2011, RevPAR increased 6.0 percent over the comparable period in 2010.
- Hotel EBITDA. The Company generated hotel EBITDA of approximately $4.2 million during the third quarter 2011, bringing its year-to-date total to $14.7 million, an increase of $1.1 million over the comparable nine-month period in 2010.
- Adjusted EBITDA. The Company generated adjusted EBITDA of approximately $3.7 million during the third quarter 2011, bringing its year-to-date total to $13.4 million, an increase of $1.4 million over the comparable nine-month period in 2010.
- Adjusted FFO. The Company generated adjusted FFO of approximately $0.8 million during the third quarter 2011 and $5.0 million for the first nine months of 2011. This represents an increase of $0.5 million over the comparable nine-month period in 2010.
- Capital Expenditures. So far this fiscal year, the Company has invested approximately $4.2 million of capital throughout its portfolio, including approximately $1.9 million at the Holiday Inn Brownstone, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, in anticipation of its conversion to the Doubletree by Hilton Brownstone-University during the fourth quarter 2011.
- Hurricane Irene. The Company estimates the impact of Hurricane Irene on its wholly-owned portfolio was approximately $500,000 in lost revenue during the third quarter 2011, including an approximately $1.90 negative effect on RevPAR for such period. If the Company had realized the revenues from such lost business, the Company estimates its RevPAR for the third quarter 2011 would have increased 5.6% over the comparable period in 2010. The Company estimates that the overall effect of Hurricane Irene on its net income was approximately $350,000 for the third quarter 2011.
Andrew M. Sims, Chairman and CEO of MHI Hospitality Corporation, commented, “Hurricane Irene created a speed bump in our quarterly earnings, causing cancellations over a ten-day period from Fort Lauderdale north to Philadelphia. Since then, September and October 2011 results resumed the progress MHI experienced earlier in the year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV