Sypris Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: SYPR) today reported financial results for its third quarter ended October 2, 2011.
- Revenue increased 24% from the prior year quarter driven by a 38% increase in sales for the Industrial Group.
- Gross profit increased 42% from the prior year period, reflecting a 197% increase in gross profit for the Industrial Group.
- Gross margin increased to 11.3% of revenue, up from 9.8% for the third quarter of last year.
- Earnings increased to $0.30 per diluted share, up from a loss of $0.10 per share for the prior year period.
- Free cash flow for the quarter increased to $6.8 million, or $0.36 per share.
- The Company announced a new long-term supply agreement to provide drivetrain components to Sisamex Automotrices de Mexico.
- The Company hosted a two week cyber training program, including a nationwide ethical hacking Capture the Flag event that was won by a team from Brigham Young University.
─────────────────────The Company reported revenue of $91.2 million for the third quarter compared to $73.4 million for the prior year period. The Company reported net income of $6.1 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, for the third quarter compared to a net loss of $1.9 million, or $0.10 per share, for the prior year period. Pretax income from continuing operations of $7.9 million for the three months ended October 2, 2011 included a pretax gain of $3.6 million from the disposition of idle assets and a foreign currency translation gain of $2.8 million before tax. For the nine months ended October 2, 2011, the Company reported revenue of $252.0 million compared to $199.4 million for the prior year period and net income of $6.6 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $8.6 million, or $0.46 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV