P.A.M. Transportation Stock Downgraded (PTSI)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 247.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.49 million to -$1.70 million.
- The gross profit margin for P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.90% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The share price of P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS has not done very well: it is down 10.63% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS continued to lose money by earning -$0.07 versus -$1.16 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 542.9% in earnings (-$0.45 versus -$0.07).
- PTSI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts