P.A.M. Transportation Stock Downgraded (PTSI)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 247.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.49 million to -$1.70 million.
- The gross profit margin for P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.90% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The share price of P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS has not done very well: it is down 10.63% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, P.A.M. TRANSPORTATION SVCS continued to lose money by earning -$0.07 versus -$1.16 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 542.9% in earnings (-$0.45 versus -$0.07).
- PTSI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.