By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
Traders aggressively purchased the December 45 calls for 50 cents to 60 cents, and the December 47.50 calls for 34 cents to 40 cents, according to OptionMonster's real-time tracking systems. More than 5,000 of the 47.50s traded, and nearly 1,700 of the 45s changed hands.
Long calls lock in the price where investors can enter a stock, so they tend to rise much faster than the shares when a rally occurs. They can double or triple in a hurry if the underlying name moves 10% or 15%.The stock fell 1.76% to $39.11 Monday after opening strong. The health care information systems company received an upgrade from Avondale at the end of October and has an analyst day scheduled this week in New York. It's also been on Forbes' list of 100 best small companies for 11 straight years. Almost 10,000 options traded overall in the name Monday, compared with average volume of fewer than 1,000. Calls outnumbered puts by 14 to 1. Najarian has no positions in QSII.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV